A summary of the scripts I’ve written between 2011 – 2017.
Companies: Daybreak Game Company, Sony Online Entertainment
Programs: MotionBuilder, Morpheme
File Formats: FBX, XMD
A MotionBuilder project-centric tool hub, installed as a menu item via .bat file from a self-contained folder. Portable, and built to be used in-house, or with outsourcing.
• Project Switcher: Switch between different projects and client specs. Projects are data driven by ‘schema’ files which dictate export paths, rigs, skins, etc.
• File I/O: Load from first person, third person, or previously accessed directories.
• Mesh Merge: Import meshes onto current animation for composition.
• Shift Keys to Zero: Shift all animation keys to frame 0.
• Delete Orphaned Constraints: Finds and deletes constraints that have don’t have a source and target.
• Select Duplicate Constraints: Deletes constraints that contain duplicate source and targets.
• Create Null, Alight to Selected: Creates a null, and aligns it to selected object.
• Camera 3P follow toggle: Creates a camera constrained to the motion root for evaluating cycles that translate.
• Select All Keyed Nodes: Selects all FK and IK nodes that have keyframes.
• Export FBX: Export current file, selected takes or all takes to a predefined destination (as defined by the schema).
The bridge between Morpheme and Motionbuilder.
• Option to parse the Morpheme networks folder for slotted files only.
• Filter and list all selected takes by keyword (EG, list only slotted ‘OneHand’ files). Refine the list by including or excluding phrases.
• Imports selected takes onto the existing character, or create a new scene on import.
The heart of our workflow in MotionBuilder. An easier way to work with takes, and export to the game.
• Delete Takes: Deletes selected takes.
• Search and Replace: Searches and replaces keywords within selected takes.
• Autoback: A full backup utility based upon interval time and selections.
• Copy J Vals to Takes: Copies the current takes selected joints curve values and applies them to all other selected takes for the same joints.
• Constrain trajectory: Centers the trajectory over the COG for Morpheme exports.
• Copy Pose to Takes: Copies a currently selected pose to selected takes.
• Plot to Rig: Plots selected takes to the rig.
• Plot to Skeleton: Plots selected takes to the skeleton.
• Export Selected: Exports FBX files to a predefined destination (as defined by the schema).
A tool for loading and exporting weapons and attachments.
• Parses source directories and adds new weapons to the list (fbx files).
• Clicking on the weapon imports and constrains it to designated weapon joint.
• Wrist effector pivot control (three options):
• Create a locator at the weapon muzzle and constrain the wrist effectors.
• Create a locator at the shoulder and constrain the wrist effectors.
• Create your own pivot control and constrain the wrist effectors.
• Socketing Tool: Snaps and aligns a locator to the right wrist effector, then publishes the location to a ‘sockets’ file, which is then fed into Morpheme for Two Bone IK control.
• Export Weapons Takes: Removes the weapon constraint, centers the weapon at the origin, and exports to a pre-defined path (via the schema).